2020 Triumph Rocket 3 R
Call for Price
In a world-leading class of its own, the new Rocket 3 is the ultimate high performance muscle roadster, and the genesis of a new motorcycle legend.
Setting a new benchmark for handling and character, the all-new Triumph Rocket 3 R delivers incredible control, comfort and capability. Providing instantaneous, world-leading torque that's an amazing 71% higher than the closest competition, the Rocket 3 serves up effortless acceleration and response in any gear, with a flat, rich curve that reaches its peak at 4,000 rpm then holds maximum torque all the way through the mid-range.
Peak power is 164 HP at 6,000 rpm (11% up on the previous generation), with more power from a low 3,500 rpm and all the way up to a new higher redline of 7,000 rpm, making the Rocket 3 R an unparalleled thrilling riding experience with all-day, any-gear, breathtaking capability.
On top of its unbeatable performance, the new Rocket 3 R has an incredible pure muscular presence and magnificent cruiser style, together with beautiful details and an premium finish. And you can enhance this incredible ride even more by personalizing your ride with over 50 custom accessories.
- The All New Rocket 3 R Engine: The Rocket 3's 2,500cc triple is the world's largest production motorcycle engine and is optimized to deliver a 39.6-pound weight savings over the previous Rocket generation, for thrilling performance and all-day, any gear, effortless capability.
- Rocket 3 R Incredible Acceleration & Torque: With 163 LB-FT of peak torque, the Rocket 3 R is the ultimate muscle roadster. This is the highest torque of any production motorcycle in the world, and is delivered across the entire rev range in one smooth and seamless flow. The amazing combination of engine power, torque delivery and advanced chassis setup of the Rocket 3 R delivers incredible acceleration and unparalleled performance.
- Signature Twin LED Headlight: The Rocket 3 R's all-new signature twin LED headlight has beautiful Triumph maker's mark triangle branding and DRL (Daytime Running Light, where allowed) for optimum durability and power efficiency.
- Intricate 20-Spoke Wheels: All-new 20-spoke wheels with imposing 9.45-inch (240 mm) rear tire size, are made of lightweight cast aluminum in a contemporary design with a blacked-out finish.
- Torque Assist Hydraulic Clutch: Light clutch action reduces clutch lever effort to deliver more rider comfort and control.
- Comfortable Tailored Pillion & Rider Seats: The Rocket 3 R's sculpted roadster rider and pillion saddle setup delivers a clean, flowing line across the bike. It also features cast aluminum finishers underneath the rider seat. The rider seat height is a low 30.43 inches for easy accessibility.
- Adjustable Ergonomics: Designed with ergonomics that deliver maximum comfort and accommodate every rider, the Rocket 3 R offers mid-foot controls with two vertical position settings to suit rider preference.
- Stylish Internally Wired Handlebars: The Rocket 3 R's roadster-style handlebars deliver a unique muscular feel and commanding riding position.
- Class-Defining Finish & Detailing: Enhancing the Rocket 3 R's incredible aesthetics are a host of premium details including a muscular sculpted gas tank featuring central recess, brushed tank strap with Monza-style cap, brushed airbox cover, and brushed Monza-style coolant and oil caps.
- Hidden Folding Footrests: The unique fully foldaway pillion footrests can be hidden from view when not in use to further enhance the Rocket 3 R's clean, minimal rear end.
- Five-Gallon Gas Tank: At five gallons, the Rocket 3 R has a large tank capacity for great touring capability.
- Two Beautiful Color Options: The Rocket 3 R is available in Korosi Red or Phantom Black color options.
- Type: Inline 3-cylinder, water-cooled, DOHC
- Capacity: 2458 cc
- Bore: 110.2
- Stroke: 85.9
- Compression: 10.8:1
- Max Power EC: 165 HP (123 kW) @ 6,000rpm
- Max Torque EC: 163 LB-FT @ 4,000rpm
- System: Ride-by-Wire, fuel injected
- Exhaust: Stainless 3-into-1 headers with 3 exit silencer / CAT box
- Final Drive: Shaft, bevel box
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate hydraulically operated, torque-assist
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Frame: Full aluminium frame
- Swingarm: Single-sided, cast aluminium
- Front Wheel: 17 x 3.5in cast aluminium
- Rear Wheel: 16 x 7.5in cast aluminium
- Front Tire: 150/80 R17 V
- Rear Tire: 240/50 R16 V
- Front Suspension: Showa 47mm upside-down 1 1 cartridge front forks, compression and rebound adjuster, 4.7in (120mm) travel
- Rear Suspension: Fully adjustable Showa piggyback reservoir RSU with remote hydraulic preload adjuster, 4.2in (107mm) rear wheel travel.
- Front Brakes: Dual 320mm discs, Brembo M4.30 Stylema® 4-piston radial monobloc calipers, Cornering ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single 300mm disc, Brembo M4.32 4-piston monobloc caliper, Cornering ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: TFT multi-functional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, digital tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, service indicator, ambient temperature, clock and rider modes (Rain/Road/Sport/Rider-configurable) - Triumph TFT Connectivity System can be added with accessory fitted Bluetooth module
- Width Handlebars: 35in (889mm)
- Height Without Mirror: 41.9in (1065 mm
- Seat Height: 30.4in (773mm)
- Wheelbase: 66in (1677 mm)
- Rake: 27.9 º
- Trail: 5.3in (134.9mm)
- Dry Weight: 641.5lb (291kg)
- Tank Capacity: 4.8 US gal
- Engine Type
- Inline 3-cylinder, water-cooled, DOHC
- 2458 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 110.2mm x 85.9mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Ride-by-Wire, fuel injected
- Final Drive
- Shaft, bevel box
- Front Suspension
- Showa 47mm upside-down 1 1 cartridge front forks, compression and rebound adjuster, 4.7 in. (120mm) travel
- Rear Suspension
- Fully adjustable Showa piggyback reservoir RSU with remote hydraulic preload adjuster, 4.2 in. (107mm) rear wheel travel.
- Front Brakes
- Dual 320mm discs, Brembo M4.30 Stylema® 4-piston radial monobloc calipers, Cornering ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 300mm disc, Brembo M4.32 4-piston monobloc caliper, Cornering ABS
- Front Tire
- 150/80 R17 V
- Rear Tire
- 240/50 R16 V
- 66 in. (1677 mm)
- Seat Height
- 30.4 in. (773mm)
- 27.9 deg.
- 5.3 in. (134.9mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.8 US gal.
- Dry Weight
- 641.5 lb. (291kg)
- Phantom Black, Korosi Red