2019 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRx
The new mid-range XRX, with its more responsive engine, enhanced rider ergonomics, contemporary style and advanced technology, delivers a new level of performance, capability and style.
With all the features you'll find on the base XR, the new XRX adds a major step up with all-new technology, including: adjustable full-color TFT display, ergonomic backlit switch cubes, keyless ignition, four riding modes, LED lighting and DRL all as standard.
Add to that a step up in core features, including; Triumph Semi-Active Suspension, optimized cornering ABS and optimized cornering traction control, heated grips and you get a brilliantly versatile adventure bike, that’s as perfect touring the world’s highways as it is for your everyday ride.
- Lighter By 4.4 Lbs: The XRX is 4.4 pounds lighter than its predecessor to improve its handling and maneuverability, achieved with over 100 enhancements across the whole motorcycle including a lighter flywheel, crankshaft, exhaust silencer and battery.
- More Powerful And Responsive Engine: The new generation Tiger 1200 XRX engine delivers more peak power (139 HP at 9,350rpm) and maximum torque of 90 FT-lbs (at 7,600rpm), for more immediate power delivery and even better all day, smooth reliable riding.
- New Lighter Exhaust: The new shorter and lighter exhaust delivers a notably more thrilling Tiger Triple soundtrack.
- State-Of-The-Art Technology: In addition to the XR spec, a host of high value XRX features include Daytime Running Lights and LED lighting, full-color TFT Instruments, backlit new switch cubes and five-way joystick, four riding modes and keyless ignition.
- Riding Modes: With four riding modes on the XRX, compared with three on the XR, the new Tiger XRX can be set up to suit every condition with ‘Sport’, ‘Rain', 'Road', and ‘Off-Road’ throttle maps.
- New Wheels And High Quality Tires: Significantly enhanced specifications for better all-round capability, the XRX has new stylish black aluminum cast wheels fitted with Metzeler Tourance tubeless tires (front R19 x 3", rear R17 x 4.5").
- Ergonomic Improvements: Practical enhancements offer an altogether better ride for a wider range of riders and riding styles; including a more comfortable seat compound, and new handlebar position to improve control both off-road and on.
- Even More Tiger Style: More contemporary premium bodywork and the highest ever level of finish and detailing with premium graphics and finishes to enhance that muscular Tiger 1200 style.
- Adjustable Seat Height: The Tiger 1200 XRX features an adjustable ‘2 position’ seat mechanism allowing the rider to lower seat height by .78 inches from 33.6 inches to 32.8 inches to suit their style and provide a more comfortable riding experience.
- High Specification Suspension: The XRX premium adjustable WP suspension is delivered by the Triumph Semi Active Suspension (TSAS) system which allows the rider to set a level of electronic control over how the bike reacts to the ride.
- High Specification Brakes: Twin 305mm floating discs and radially mounted 4-piston monobloc Brembo calipers with new BRM10B brake pads on the front, and a single 282mm disc with Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper on the back.
- Premium Specification Equipment: There is an incredible level of standard equipment including integrated braking system, inertial measurement unit, torque assist clutch and electronically adjustable screen, all enabling the Tiger 1200’s supreme capability.
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 1,215 cc
- Bore: 3.35 in. (85 mm)
- Stroke: 2.81 in. (71.4 mm)
- Compression: 11.0:1
- Max Power EC: 141 Hp (104 kW) @ 9,350 rpm
- Max Torque EC: 90 FT-lbs (122 Nm) @ 7,600 rpm
- System: Ride by Wire, fuel injection
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1 header system, side mounted stainless steel muffler
- Final Drive: Shaft drive
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate hydraulically operated, torque assist
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame
- Swingarm: Single-sided, cast aluminum alloy with shaft drive
- Front Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 10-spoke 19 x 3.0 in.
- Rear Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 10-spoke 17 x 4.5 in.
- Front Tyre: 120/70 R19
- Rear Tyre: 170/60 R17
- Front Suspension: WP 1.89 in (48 mm) upside down forks, electronically adjustable damping, 7.48 in (190 mm) travel (6.61 in (168 mm) low seat version)
- Rear Suspension: WP monoshock, electronically adjustable semi active damping with automatic preload adjustment, 7.6 in (193 mm) wheel travel (6.22 in (158 mm) low seat version)
- Front Brakes: Twin 12 in (305 mm) floating discs, radially mounted monobloc Brembo 4-piston calipers, switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single 11.1 in (282 mm) disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: TFT multifunctional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, digital tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gage, service indicator, ambient temperature, clock and six rider modes (Road/Offroad/Off-Road Pro/Sport/Track/Rider-Customizable)
- Width Handlebars: 32.68 in (830 mm)
- Height Without Mirror: 57.87 in (1,470 mm)
- Seat Height: 32.87 - 33.66 in (835 - 855 mm). Low seat version available: 31.10 - 31.88 in. (790 - 810 mm)
- Wheelbase: 59.84 in (1,520 mm)
- Rake: 23.2 º
- Trail: 3.93 in (99.9 mm)
- Dry Weight: 538 lb. (244 kg)
- Tank Capacity: 5.2 gal.
- Engine Type
- 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- 1,215 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.35 in. (85 mm) x 2.81 in. (71.4 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Ride by Wire, fuel injection
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Front Suspension
- WP 1.89 in (48 mm) upside down forks, electronically adjustable damping, 7.48 in (190 mm) travel (6.61 in (168 mm) low seat version)
- Rear Suspension
- WP monoshock, electronically adjustable semi active damping with automatic preload adjustment, 7.6 in (193 mm) wheel travel (6.22 in (158 mm) low seat version)
- Front Brakes
- Twin 12 in (305 mm) floating discs, radially mounted monobloc Brembo 4-piston calipers, switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 11.1 in (282 mm) disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS
- Front Tire
- 120/70 R19
- Rear Tire
- 170/60 R17
- 59.84 in. (1,520 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.87 - 33.66 in. (835 - 855 mm)
- 23.2 deg.
- 3.93 in. (99.9 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.2 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 538 lb. (244 kg)
- Jet Black