2019 Triumph Bonneville T120 Black
Moody, mean and full of attitude, the Bonneville T120 Black has real pedigree, presence and performance.
It delivers all the iconic character, quality, and capability of the Bonneville T120 – then takes it to a new level with attitude, individuality and style, from blacked-out wheel rims and a black grab rail, to its midnight engine finish. When combined with a stitched, dark brown seat and black twin-skinned peashooter exhausts – the result is a motorbike that’s pure Triumph with a darker side.
The ride is equally as stunning. It shares the Bonneville T120’s dedicated chassis and suspension set-up, ABS, ride-by-wire, traction control, torque-assist clutch, two riding modes, heated grips, and liquid cooling for better fuel economy. It comes together to create a totally confident, relaxed and engaging ride – just the ticket for darting around town or a two-week tour, on your own or two-up.
- Unique Blacked-Out Detailing: Fully blacked-out details and components include wheel rims, grab rail, engine covers, mirrors, headlamp bezel, indicators and exhaust.
- ABS: The contemporary motorcycle safety standard, Triumph’s latest generation anti-lock braking system sets the standard for control to the Bonneville T120 Black.
- Ride-By-Wire: The Bonneville T120 Black’s electronic ride-by-wire system enhances the throttle control, responsiveness and feel.
- Riding Modes: Linked to the ride-by-wire system, the two selectable riding mode options – ‘Road’ and ‘Rain’ – provide the rider with real control and safety.
- Traction Control: Taking advantage of the sophisticated ride-by-wire system, the T120 Black incorporates a switchable traction control system that optimises the delivery of its class-leading torque.
- Torque Assist Clutch: Bringing a light touch and feel to the clutch control of the T120 Black, the torque assist clutch system makes it easy to ride, and ride longer.
- Heated Grips: High specification factory-fitted heated grips, with a 3-mode setting, come as standard on the Bonneville T120 Black.
- Fingertip Controls: The T120 Black switchgear presents a simple fingertip control scroll button for easy access to the key features on the beautiful digital clocks.
- Dark Brown Seat: Triumph-branded brown rider and passenger seat panel gives optimum weight distribution to enhance level of comfort.
- Twin Feature Clock: Stylish feature-packed twin clocks (speedo and rev counter) with beautiful 3D dial faces cleverly incorporate a digital menu system accessed by a handlebar mounted scroll button. Key features include; gear position indicator, heated grip status, odometer, two trip settings, service indicator, range to empty, fuel level, average and current MPG, clock, and access to turn off traction control features.
- Type: Liquid cooled, 8 valve, SOHC, 270° crank angle parallel twin
- Capacity: 1200 cc
- Bore: 97.6 mm
- Stroke: 80 mm
- Compression: 10.0:1
- Max Power EC: 80Hp (59 kW) @ 6,550 rpm
- Max Torque EC: 77FT-lbs (105Nm) @ 3,100 rpm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Exhaust: Chromed 2 into 2 exhaust system with twin chrome silencers
- Final Drive: Chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate assist clutch
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Frame: Tubular steel cradle
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, tubular steel
- Front Wheel: 32-spoke 18 x 2.75in
- Rear Wheel: 32-spoke 17 x 4.25in
- Front Tyre: 100/90-18
- Rear Tyre: 150/70 R17
- Front Suspension: KYB 41 mm cartridge forks, 120 mm travel
- Rear Suspension: KYB twin shocks with adjustable preload, 120 mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 310 mm discs, Nissin 2-piston floating calipers, ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single 255 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper, ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: LCD multi-functional instrument pack with analogue speedometer, analogue tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, range to empty indication, service indicator, clock, trip computer, scroll and mode buttons on handlebars, heated grip status, fuel consumption display, traction control status and throttle mode display.
- Width Handlebars: 30.9 in. (785mm)
- Height Without Mirror: 43 in. (1100mm)
- Seat Height: 31 in. (790mm)
- Wheelbase: 57 in. (1450mm)
- Rake: 25.5º
- Trail: 4.14 in. (105.2mm)
- Dry Weight: 494 lb. (224kg)
- Tank Capacity: 3.8 US gal.
- Engine Type
- 8 valve, SOHC, 270 deg. crank angle parallel twin
- 1200 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 97.6 mm x 80 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- KYB 41 mm cartridge forks, 120 mm travel
- Rear Suspension
- KYB twin shocks with adjustable preload, 120 mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin 310 mm discs, Nissin 2-piston floating calipers, ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 255 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper, ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 150/70 R17
- 57 in. (1450mm)
- Seat Height
- 31 in. (790mm)
- 25.5 deg.
- 4.14 in. (105.2mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.8 US gal.
- Dry Weight
- 494 lb. (224kg)
- Jet Black