2016 Triumph Speedmaster (Matte)
Street Stuff, Inc.
2017 Triumph Speedmaster with low miles and lots of extras. 900cc Parallel Twin gives this bike plenty of power to cruise. Slash Cut mufflers have been installed, a LED Projector Headlight, and Gloss Black Windscreen give this bike a sleek look.
Financing available with rates super low rates available.
Financing available with rates super low rates available.
- The Look: The look of the Speedmaster is dominated by the 19” cast aluminium front wheel with single disc brake and ‘skinny’ tire, giving a classic chopped hot-rod look. Emphasizing the Speedmaster’s resolutely dark attitude even further a whole host of components – from wheels to bars and headlights to foot controls – get the black treatment for 2014. Machined detailing on the engine barrel block and cylinder head cooling fins add a subtle counterpoint.
- Engine: We decided on a mix of blacked out and chrome components to give the Speedmaster a purposeful, moody look. Especially for the black-finish engine with its machined cooling fin edges, which now run the full length of the cylinders. The retro theme continues with what look like twin carburetors and traditional air filter housing, all disguising the modern fuel injection system.
- Wheels Tires and Mudguards: We added the skinny 19inch cast front wheel to complement the fat rear tire on its 15inch rim and enhanced each by the cut down mudguards.
- Performance: The output peaks at a muscular 61PS and there's strong torque from low in the rev range, with a maximum of 53lb.ft at just 3300rpm. To you that means plenty of thrust at a flick of the wrist without needing to resort to the slick gear change.
- Parallel Twin: The Speedmaster's parallel twin is such a refreshing change with its roots in the very engines that brought us to the forefront of motorcycling during the 1950s and 1960s - the golden era of British twins. Still very much a classic-looking Triumph engine, we have built it using modern Triumph technology, cleverly hiding it behind that traditional exterior. We've also retained the air cooling to give you a bike that looks right but, although it seems to have twin carburetors, the Speedmaster is fuelled by a modern electronic fuel injection system for high efficiency, plenty of smooth and accessible power and exceptional fuel consumption.
- Configuration: The engine feels great thanks to the 270 degree crankshaft design which results in a lazy, uneven beat from the mellow exhaust note to match the easy pull of the motor. We’ve made sure that vibration levels are just enough to let you know there's an engine working hard beneath you but without intruding on your general ride or comfort. And, inside the old-style cylinders we’ve added double overhead camshafts, eight valves and a fully integrated crankshaft, clutch and gearbox. All with a comprehensive engine management system to handle the ignition as well as fuel injection.
- Fuel Efficiency: The Speedmaster is laid-back and easy on the fuel too. It can manage 71.1mpg at a steady 56mph and even at 75mph you’ll be sipping fuel at 55.5mpg.
- Frame: Holding everything together and keeping it in line is our traditional-style tubular steel cradle frame with steel swingarm, using the engine as an essential component to give you exceptional rigidity for stable, sure-footed handling.
- Suspension: The suspension doesn't suffer for the sake of the Speedmaster's style. We fitted high quality KYB forks and shocks with a generous 120mm travel at the front and 96mm travel at the rear, enough to cope with poor conditioned back-roads as well as maintained highways. The shocks are preload adjustable too, so you can find the perfect balance and stance whether you’re travelling light or fully loaded with a passenger and the accessory luggage.
- Handling: Forming the backbone of the Speedmaster’s long, low style and at the same time providing it with exceptionally easy, well-balanced handling. We’ve made a chassis for the most inexperienced riders can manage and seasoned ones can enjoy. We raked the forks out at an extreme 33.8 degrees in true hot-rod style and kept the trail figure long at 170.4mm. We stretched the wheelbase out too at a lengthy 1606mm but because we've kept the center of gravity low and very carefully matched the geometry, the Speedmaster still steers with that easy, engaging feel that makes even tight, low speed corners a breeze. And stability at higher speeds of course is exceptionally good.
- Brakes: We put a single 310mm disc at the front backed up by the 285mm rear disc to help maintain the bike's lean look, but together they still provide plenty of power with good feedback to make sure the Speedmaster stops as well as it goes.
- Riding Position: As a Speedmaster rider you adopt a relaxed position, feet well forward and hands wide apart on the pulled back bars. Sitting just 690mm from the ground the Speedmaster is very easy to manage even at walking pace. And it’s comfortable when the pace increases, so you can take in the scenery and just enjoy the ride. It's laid-back style suits a wide range of riders and is a great choice for anyone that finds other bikes too much of a stretch to the ground.
Warranty and Service
- Our confidence provides you with a two-year unlimited mileage warranty on your new Triumph and Genuine Accessories. Alongside the knowledge that we give you a 12 month unlimited mileage warranty on replacement parts.
- The Speedmaster carries 6,000 mile (10,000km) service intervals.
Engine and Transmission
- Type: Air-cooled, DOHC, parallel-twin, 270 deg. firing interval
- Capacity: 865cc
- Bore: 90 mm
- Stroke: 68 mm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
- Exhaust: Stainless steel twin-walled headers, twin chromed silencers
- Final Drive: X-Ring-Chain
- Clutch: Wet,Multi-Plate
- Gearbox: 5-Speed
Chassis Running Gear and Displays
- Frame: Tubular steel cradle
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, tubular steel
- Front Wheels: Cast aluminum alloy 5-spoke 19 x 2.5in
- Rear Wheels: Cast aluminum alloy 5 spoke 15 x 4in
- Front Tire: 100/90-R19
- Rear Tire: 170/80-B15
- Front Suspension: KYB 41 mm forks with black lower fork legs 120 mm travel
- Rear Suspension: KYB chromed spring twin shocks with adjustable preload, 96 mm rear wheel travel
- Brakes Front: Single 310 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating calipers
- Brakes Rear: Single 285 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper
- Instrument Display and Functions: Analogue speedometer and tachometer with odometer and trip information.
Dimensions and Capacities
- Length: 93.2 in (2367 mm)
- Width Handlebars: 35.2 in (895 mm)
- Height without Mirror: 46.1 in (1170 mm)
- Seat Height: 27.2 in (690 mm)
- Wheelbase: 63.0 in (1600 mm)
- Rake: 33.8 deg.
- Trail: 6.7 in (170.4 mm)
- Tank Capacity: 5.2 US Gallon
- Max Power EC: 61PS @ 6800
- Max Torque EC: 72 NM @ 3300
- Urban: 47.7 US mpg
- 56 mph/90 kph: 59.2 US mpg
- 75mph/120kph: 46.2 US MPG
- Engine Type
- DOHC, parallel-twin, 270 deg. firing interval
- Bore and Stroke
- 90 x 68 mm
- Fuel System
- Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
- Front Suspension
- KYB 41 mm forks with black lower fork legs 120 mm travel
- Rear Suspension
- KYB chromed spring twin shocks with adjustable preload, 96 mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 310 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single 285 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 63.0 in. (1600 mm)
- Seat Height
- 27.2 in. (690 mm)
- 33.8 deg.
- 6.7 in. (170.4 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.2 gal.
- Urban: 47.7 mpg; 56 mph/90 kph: 59.2 mpg
- Final Drive
- X-Ring Chain
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Analog
- Matt Graphite
- 2 Year unlimited mileage